Legal Issues with Donor Egg, Sperm, and Embryos
What are the legal issues you need to be aware of if you are considering building your family with third party reproduction? Join our guests, reproductive law attorneys Ruth Claiborne and Amy Demma. Ruth is with the adoption and reproductive law firm of Claiborne & Surmay, has been working in this area of law for over 30 years and is a member of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys and the American Academy of Assisted Reproduction Attorneys. Amy Demma is a reproductive law attorney with the Law Offices of Amy Demma. She is on the Advocacy and Legislative Committee for RESOLVE of New England, and is a member of the Legal Practitioners Group. of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine.
- Legal issues with gamete donation-egg donation and sperm donation
- How can intended parents make sure that donor do not have parental rights?
- Is it possible to have ongoing contact with an egg, sperm, or embryo donor?
- What are the legal complications with known donors?
- What are the legal complications when the egg or sperm donor are members of your family?
- What is collaborative family building or collaborative reproduction?
- Is it legal for a daughter to donate an egg for her mother?
- If you are using a donor egg or sperm agency, is there any reason to hire an attorney to represent you separately?
- Should an egg or sperm donor have separate legal representation?
- How can someone using an egg or sperm donor make certain that the information about the donor is accurate.
- How can we limit the number of times that our sperm donor donates to others.
- What are the legal issues to consider with donating unused frozen embryos or receiving excess frozen embryos?
- Can infertility clinics or cryopreservation facilities donate “abandoned embryos” if their “parents” stop paying the storage fees?
- What is the legal relationship between the donating family and the child that is created from their embryos?
- Is it legal to use donor egg and donor sperm to create embryos that will be transferred into a surrogate?
- How can you avoid egg donation or surrogacy fraud?