Latest Developments in Treatment of Unexplained Infertility
What are the developments in treating of unexplained infertility? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. William Ziegler, a Board Certified Specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey.
- I assume unexplained infertility means exactly what it says—infertility whose cause cannot be pinpointed. But why with all the testing we have available are we still not able to find the cause of a person’s or couples infertility?
- What percentage of infertility is ultimately classified as “unexplained”?
- Is this percentage of infertility going up or down?
- Is this percentage of unexplained infertility going up or down?
- What is the latest research on explaining and treating unexplained infertility?
- How often is egg quality a cause of unexplained infertility and how accurate is the testing we have to determine egg quality?
- How often is missing the implantation window involved with unexplained infertility or at least unexplained IVF failure?
- What else impacts implantation?
- How to test for implantation issues with infertility?
- What causes an embryo to not develop?
- Is sub-par infertility in both partners is often a culprit in unexplained infertility?
- How effective is IVF at achieving a pregnancy and live birth in patients diagnosed with unexplained infertility?
- Can the IVF process also be used to explain some of the unexplained infertility? How?
- Does sub-par infertility in both partners respond well to IVF?
- When a patient continues to see failures of IVF even once they have gone to donor egg or donor egg and sperm or donor embryo, what can be the cause?
- What are the causes of unexplained male infertility and how to diagnose and treat it? What type of doctor?
- What tests do all patients need to go through if they have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility?
- Can our immune system impact our fertility and ability to carry a baby to term?
- What are the reasons for early recurrent miscarriage?
- Is pre-implantation genetic screening effective at reducing the miscarriage risk?
- Can a negative RH factor have anything to do with unexplained infertility?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: Stefano Corso