Latest Developments in the Treatment of Endometriosis
What are the latest diagnosis and treatment options for endometriosis? How to get pregnant if you have endometriosis? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Hugh Taylor, Chair of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science, at the Yale School of Medicine.
Hit the Highlights
- What is endometriosis?
- What causes some women to develop endometriosis and other women to not develop it?
- Is there a genetic component? Is endometriosis inherited?
- Is there a connection to the number of sexual partners a woman has had and her odds of getting endometriosis?
- What environmental factors or environmental toxins may affect a woman’s chance of developing endometriosis?
- What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
- What are the less common symptoms of endometriosis?
- What are the 5 most common and most effective treatments for endometriosis?
- What is the latest research showing us for diagnosis and treatment?
- How to get pregnant with endometriosis?
- What percentage of women with endometriosis are infertile?
- Does the severity of endometriosis and endometriosis symptoms correlate with the odds of it impacting a woman’s fertility?
- How does endometriosis affect fertility? What part of the disease makes it difficult to conceive?
- Does endometriosis cause miscarriage?
- Is it important to have a definitive diagnosis of endometriosis before you begin treatment?
- Does endometriosis affect a woman’s chances of conceiving, or does it primarily impact her ability to carry a pregnancy to term?
- Are there other health implications associated with endometriosis?
- Is endometriosis a type of cancer or similar to cancer?
- Are women with endometriosis at increased risk for cancer?
- Alternative treatments for endometriosis or supplements that may be effective.
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: Stephan Geyer