What to Eat in Preparation for IVF
Hit the Highlights
- What does the latest research show on how diet and nutrition affects fertility and the infertility treatment, including IVF?
- How many patients were in the study?
- What is the preferred ration of carbohydrates to protein to optimize maximum fertility and increase your chances of success with fertility treatment?
- Does it matter what type of protein you eat to increase your fertility? Plant based vs. animal based protein?
- What percentage protein should be in your diet to optimize egg quality?
- Is BMI or percentage protein most important in increasing the success of infertility treatment?
- Why does increasing the protein content of the diet increase fertility?
- What software or apps are best for determining the percentage protein?
- Can diet affect the typical egg quality deterioration that comes with aging?
- How long do you need to change your diet before you see an improvement in fertility?
- Does the quality of carbohydrates in your diet affect your fertility or the chances of successful infertility treatment?
- How can vegetarians and vegans alter their diet for optimal fertility?
- Does a high protein diet improve Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Will the fertility of those with PCOS improve with a higher protein diet?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: Michael Stern
Show originally aired in 2012.