How to use Chinese medicine to treat infertility? How to use it to support a Western medical approach to treating infertility (such as IVF and IUI). And how does infertility impact intimate relationships and what can Chinese medicine do to help maintain a healthy sex life during treatment. We talk with with Denise Wiesner, a Traditional Chinese Medicine specialist, and founder of the Natural Healing and Acupuncture Clinic and a professor in the doctoral program in Chinese Medicine, fertility, and women’s Health at Yo San University in LA. She is the author of the book , “Conceiving with Love: a Whole Body Approach to creating intimacy, reigniting passion, and increasing fertility.”[sws_blue_box box_size=”530″]
- How does Eastern medicine approach infertility and how does it differ from the approach by western medicine?
- What information is important to a Chinese medicine doctor when treating infertility?
- How does Chinese medicine see and treat PCOS?
- How does Chinese medicine see and treat diminished ovarian reserves?
- What is electroacupuncture or electro-acupuncture and how is it used to treat infertility?
- How can Chinese herbs help with the anxiety and stress of infertility?
- How can Chinese Medicine compliment western infertility treatment?
- Chinese medicine is all about balance. Does IVF throw the woman’s body out of balance?
- Is acupuncture effective for female infertility?
- Is acupuncture effective for male infertility?
- What Chinese herbs are safe to take when going through IVF. (Talk with your RE about this first.)
- IVF support through Chinese medicine.
- What are some of the typical issues with intimacy that you see with couples who are struggling to conceive?
- How common is erectile dysfunction for couples going through infertility treatment?
- What can couples do to maintain the joy of sex when what they really want it a baby?
- How important is female orgasm to conception.
Music credit: Michael Ashworth
Image credit: nicollazzi xiong