How is the COVID-19 pandemic impacting those people who are trying to create their family through surrogacy —both those seeking surrogates in the US and those going abroad. We talk with Dr. Barry Witt, the Medical Director of WINFertility and Greenwich Fertility.
In this episode, we cover:
- How is surrogacy practiced in the US?
- What is the distinction between gestational surrogate and a traditional surrogate?
- Is it possible to go abroad to find a surrogate?
- Why do people go abroad?
- What are the most popular countries for people to go to for surrogacy? (including the US)
- How has COVID-19 impacted intended parents seeking surrogates in the US?
- How has COVID-19 impacted people seeking surrogates in another country, including those coming to the US?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth Photo credit: Polina Tankilevitch