Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Barbara Collura, President/CEO of RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association; and Sean Tipton, Chief Advocacy and Policy Officer at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, about infertility advocacy.
- What is infertility advocacy?
- What are the biggest legislative threats to infertility treatment?
- What do we mean by personhood legislation?
- What states have personhood legislation on the horizon that may impact the ready availability of fertility treatment?
- What do you think of personhood legislation with carve outs to protect infertility treatments?
- What states are involved?
- What are the legislative threats to 3rd party reproduction: donor egg and gestational surrogacy?
- How would these threats affect infertility treatment?
- What is wrong with legislation that controls the cost of egg donation and surrogacy?
- What specific states are in danger?
- What do you see on the horizon as far as state or federal legislation that will limit infertility treatment?
- What can people do to advocate for fertility treatment options?
- Advocating within your company to get health insurance coverage for infertility treatment.
- How can you advocate for your needs when dealing with friends and family?
- How can you advocate for yourself in fertility treatment with your infertility doctor?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed