Infertility 101 for Husbands
So often we think infertility only affects the woman, but the men are affected as well. We simply don’t focus on how they are affected. Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility education and support nonprofit interviews Michael Barr, author of Swimming In Circles: A Baby Chase Odyssey, blogger, sports columnist, and dad to talk about infertility, male infertility, and how the wife’s infertility affects the husband. Who in a couple is typically the one who pushes a medical assessment or treatment for fertility issues?
Hit the Highlights
- Who in a couple is typically the one who pushes a medical assessment or treatment for fertility issues?
- How do men differ in their handling of infertility if the couples infertility is caused by male factor infertility or female factor infertility?
- Did you consider that you should not stay married?
- Why is unexplained infertility so hard for many men to deal with?
- The dreaded sperm analysis.
- How to handle the sometimes different needs between a couple for privacy about their infertility?
- Should you consider donor sperm?
- Infertility can cause anger in the husband.
- Infertility can affect the quality of the relationship.
- Infertility can affect your sex life.
- What do women want from their husbands when they are sad and grieving their infertility
- How do couple communicate about comfort levels with more advanced forms of fertility treatment?
- How do couples compromise about how many cycles of IVF they should pursue?
- Male infertility
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music credit: Michael Ashworth
Image credit: Pavel Jurča
Originally aired in 2011
Add Your Comment