How to Be Happy While Struggling with Infertility
Is it possible to be happy when you are suffering from infertility and going through fertility treatment? Host Dawn Davenport interviewed Dr. Ali Domar, international leader in the field of mind/body medicine and women’s health, founder of The Domar Center for Mind/Body Health, and author of numerous books including Conquering Infertility and Being Happy Without Being Perfect.
- Does stress cause infertility?
- Does stress and anxiety affect your chances of success with fertility treatment?
- How does stress reduction, relaxation, and group support affect fertility?
- What role does perfectionism play in happiness?
- Are perfectionist born or made? Is perfectionism genetically related? Is happiness controlled by our genetics?
- How does the intrauterine environment affect a child’s personality?
- Epigenetics and egg donation?
- Epigenetics and surrogacy?
- How do you know when to stop fertility treatment or decide to use an egg or sperm donor?
- How do you decide when you should use a surrogate?
- When should you consider taking an antidepressant?
- Is it realistic to expect to be happy when you are infertile?
- What to do when you and your spouse do not agree on whether to continue infertility treatment?
- What if you want to adopt and your spouse does not?
- What issues should you think about before moving to egg or sperm donation.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Show re-aired in 2017.