How to Get Pregnant When It’s Not Happening Fast
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Andy Toledo, a Reproductive Endocrinologist with Reproductive Biology Associates in Atlanta.
- Let’s start with some basic biology to lay the groundwork for how to get pregnant, especially when it isn’t happening fast.
- How long should you be off of birth control before trying to get pregnant?
- Is it true that you are more fertile when you first come off the pill?
- Can the birth control pill reduce your chances of getting pregnant once you are off?
- Can Depo-Provera affect your ability to conceive once you stop?
- One of the first things you need to do when trying to get pregnant is make sure you are having sex at the time you ovulate.
- How far in advance or behind your ovulation can you still get pregnant?
- How long will sperm stay active after sex?
- How long will the egg remain viable after it is released from the ovary?
- How can you tell when you ovulate (because every woman is different)? What are some physical signs that you are ovulating?
- Ovulation predictor kits? Is one brand better than another? Are cheapo brands of OPKs as good as the others?
- Basal Body Temperature
- Cervical mucus
- Should you avoid certain lubricants if you are trying to get pregnant?
- Is one sexual position better than another when trying to get pregnant?
- Boxers vs. briefs?
- Does having an orgasm increase your chances for getting pregnant?
- Is there a preferred time of day to have sex in order to increase your chances of getting pregnant?
- How often should you have sex during a woman’s fertile time to increase the possibility of getting pregnant?
- If you have been trying for a while and are not getting pregnant, what are some things you can do to try to help? Supplement, home remedies?
- Vitamin D
- Folic Acid
- Pomegranate juice
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar orally or in your bath
- More sleep
- How can you tell if you are getting pregnant, but having a very early miscarriages? Does this matter to your doctor when trying to figure out what is wrong?
- What are the earliest symptoms of pregnancy?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
Image credit: anqa