Finding the Blessing in Infertility: Surviving and Thriving with a Diagnosis of Infertility
Infertility is a devastating life experience for most women, but is it possible that it might also be a blessing? How can you survive infertility with your sanity intact? Join our guest, Helen Adrienne, psychotherapist and clinical hypnotherapist specializing in infertility in New York City, and author of On Fertile Ground: Healing Infertility.
Hit the Highlights
- One of the hardest parts of infertility is the lack of understanding by those not affected.
- Are men less allowed to feel the pain of infertility than women?
- How is it possible to find a blessing in infertility when it is such a devastating disease?
- Is it easier to find the redemption and blessing in infertility after you are past it or have embraced a child free life?
- How to survive the two week wait (2WW)?
- Does self-hypnosis or hypnosis help you conceive?
- Is there research that hypnosis will increase the odds of success with fertility treatment?
- Does stress cause infertility?
- Does stress reduction make infertility treatment more likely to work?
- Self blame and infertility
- Is infertility your fault for past actions?
- Do you need to resolve your infertility grief before moving to adoption?
- Is it normal to feel relieved when you decide to stop fertility treatment and adopt?
- People judging your decision to stop infertility treatment and move to adoption.
- What are the major symptoms of stress?
- How can you maintain closeness with your spouse when undergoing fertility treatment?
- Is it possible to have a satisfying sexual relationship while being treated for infertility?
- How do you know when to stop infertility treatment?
- Pain caused being around pregnant friends and family when you are infertile.
- Who should you tell about your infertility?
- What to do when one spouse want to quit fertility treatment and the other wants to continue?
- What to do when one spouse wants to adopt and the other wants to continue with infertility treatment.
- How do you find a therapist that specializes in infertility?