How To Find a Fertility Specialist
What factors are important when choosing a fertility specialist? How should you interpret the CDC statistics for fertility clinics? Our guest will be Dr. David Adamson, a Board Certified Reproductive Endocrinologist, Director of Fertility Physicians of Northern California, Professor at Stanford University School of Medicine, and past President of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons (ASRM). Also check out the CAF video on How to Choose an Infertility Clinic or Doctor.
- When should you move to seeing an infertility doctor instead of you Ob/Gyn?
- How important is it to use a board certified reproductive endocrinologist?
- What are the most important statistics on infertility clinic success maintained by the CDC for selecting a clinic?
- What factor can be used to intentionally or unintentionally affect these statistics?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a large or small infertility clinic?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an infertility clinic associated with a hospital or university?
- How can you make sure that the embryology laboratory is good at the infertility clinic you are considering?
- What questions should you ask the fertility doctor when deciding what clinic to use?