Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Male Fertility
Unlocking the mysteries of male fertility and male infertility. Ever wonder about how to boost male fertility? How successful are vasectomy reversals? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Cappy Rothman, founder of The Center for Male Reproductive Medicine, and co-founder and medical director of California Cryobank. He is a board certified urologist and nationally recognized authority on andrology, the urological sub-specialty of male reproductive health.
- What is the main cause of male infertility? Is it low sperm count, morphology issues with sperm, no sperm?
- What are some lesser-known causes of male infertility or conditions that lead to male infertility?
- What does a full medical assessment for male infertility involve? Most people assume it is one sperm analysis.
- Can hormone imbalance cause male infertility?
- Should men with abnormal sperm analysis have their hormones checked?
- What causes azoospermia?
- Can azoospermia be reversed?
- What are options for conception if a man has few healthy sperm?
- ICSI- success rate
- What is varicocele?
- How common is varicocele?
- Should varicoceles always be surgically corrected?
- What are the chances of getting pregnant after varicocele correction surgery?
- What is the connection between being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis and male infertility?
- How successful are vasectomy reversals?
- Does it matter how long the man has had a vasectomy?
- What is post vasectomy pain syndrome?
- Do “sperm boosters” such as FertilAid for Men, Semenate, or Preseed work? Does Dr. Rothman recommend them?
- What type of doctor can treat male infertility?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: David Goehring