Unlocking the mysteries of male fertility and male infertility. Ever wonder about how to boost male fertility? How successful are vasectomy reversals? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Cappy Rothman, founder of The Center for Male Reproductive Medicine, and co-founder and medical director of California Cryobank. He is a board certified urologist and nationally recognized authority on andrology, the urological sub-specialty of male reproductive health.
- What is the main cause of male infertility? Is it low sperm count, morphology issues with sperm, no sperm?
- What are some lesser-known causes of male infertility or conditions that lead to male infertility?
- What does a full medical assessment for male infertility involve? Most people assume it is one sperm analysis.
- Can hormone imbalance cause male infertility?
- Should men with abnormal sperm analysis have their hormones checked?
- What causes azoospermia?
- Can azoospermia be reversed?
- What are options for conception if a man has few healthy sperm?
- ICSI- success rate
- What is varicocele?
- How common is varicocele?
- Should varicoceles always be surgically corrected?
- What are the chances of getting pregnant after varicocele correction surgery?
- What is the connection between being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis and male infertility?
- How successful are vasectomy reversals?
- Does it matter how long the man has had a vasectomy?
- What is post vasectomy pain syndrome?
- Do “sperm boosters” such as FertilAid for Men, Semenate, or Preseed work? Does Dr. Rothman recommend them?
- What type of doctor can treat male infertility?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Image credit: David Goehring