Endometriosis affects at least 6 million women in the US and Canada and millions more throughout the world. It is the number one cause of pelvic pain and can affect many aspects of a woman’s health and her fertility. Our guest was Dr. Naveed Khan, a board certified reproductive endocrinologist with Shady Grove Fertility Centers in the Washington, DC metro area who writes and speaks frequently on the treatment of endometriosis.
- What is endometriosis?
- What are the symptoms of endometriosis?
- What is the cause of endometriosis?
- Is there a genetic link to endometriosis?
- What factors increase your risk of developing endometriosis?
- Does having endometriosis make you at greater risk for cancer?
- Is there any relationship between endometriosis and cancer?
- How is endometriosis diagnosed?
- Is a definitive diagnosis necessary before treatment?
- How is endometriosis treated?
- When should laparoscopic surgery be considered for the treatment of endometriosis?
- Should endometrial lesion by excised (cut away) or should a laser or electrical pulse be used?
- Is it possible to cure endometriosis?
- Does diet or lifestyle affect endometriosis?
- Can endometriosis be treated through diet or lifestyle changes?
- What options are available to treat endometriosis on the fallopian tubes?
- How does endometriosis affect fertility?
- Does endometriosis affect the success of infertility treatment?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed