Egg Freezing for Fertility Preservation and Egg Donation
Advances in egg freezing in the last couple of years have been huge. Should you use egg freezing to allow you to wait to have children later? Is this technique reliable and safe? How much does it cost and how expensive is storage? Host Dawn Davenport will interview Dr. Daniel Shapiro, Medical Director of Reproductive Biology Associates in Atlanta and Clinical Manager of My Egg Bank. He is board-certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility. She will also interview Dr. Pat Mc Shane, Associate Director of Fertility Preservation at the University of Colorado Hospital and has served as the President of the New England Fertility Society. Dr. McShane is the Medical Director of The World Egg Bank.
- What is the egg freezing procedure that a woman would have to go through in order to freeze her own eggs to preserve her fertility?
- What is the cost of egg freezing?
- How much does it cost to freeze your own eggs? What is the range of costs?
- What age is too old to freeze your eggs?
- Can you freeze your eggs if you are 38, 39, or 40?
- Does egg freezing work for older women?
- What are the pregnancy rates using frozen eggs?
- Is egg freezing successful?
- How long can the eggs remain frozen?
- Is it better to freeze embryos than to freeze eggs?
- What is the average age of a woman who want to freeze her eggs to preserve her fertility?
- How many eggs do you get when doing egg freezing?
- Can cancer patients freeze their eggs prior to chemotherapy or radiation?
- How much does it cost a cancer patient to freeze her eggs?
- What happens to frozen embryos when the couple divorces?
- What happens to frozen eggs when couples divorce?
- How much does it cost annually to keep your eggs frozen?
- What are the advantages of using donor eggs from an egg bank?
- What are the disadvantages of using donor eggs from an egg bank?
- Why should people interested in egg donation consider egg banks?
- How many families get eggs from the same donor at a frozen egg bank?
- How much information is available on donors who donate to a frozen egg bank?
- What is the average cost for using donor eggs from an egg bank compared to doing a donor egg IVF cycle using fresh eggs from a donor?
- Is it possible to have an identified donor when using a frozen egg bank?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed