Complimentary Care for Fertility Treatment: Nutrition, Acupuncture, and Counseling
What other care can you use to compliment the traditional fertility treatment? How can nutrition, acupuncture, and counseling help you on your quest of parenthood? Our guests are Dara Godfrey, a registered dietitian and nutritionist at Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York in Manhattan. Dara takes a lifestyle-driven approach to support patients reaching their nutritional goals at every stage of infertility treatment and pregnancy. Mark LeWinter is a licensed acupuncturist and a fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine. He is one of the founding members of Metro Acupuncture in Atlanta, GA. He has been treating women dealing with infertility for over 12 years. He works in conjunction and support of Reproductive Biology Associates in Atlanta. And last but not at all least is Helen Adrienne, licensed certified social worker and certified hypnotherapist, specializing in infertility. She is the author of On Fertile Ground: Healing Infertility.
- What does the research show on how nutrition interacts with fertility?
- We know that extreme malnutrition or even being significantly under or over weight can affect fertility, but what about those who are a normal weight with an adequate diet?
- Are there specific foods people should avoid when trying to conceive?
- Specific foods that people should incorporate when trying to get pregnant?
- What’s the scoop on coffee for those in infertility treatment or trying to conceive? Do you really need to avoid it?
- Top 5 nutritional tips for getting pregnant.
- Research supports eating/drinking full fat dairy products when in fertility treatment.
- How does acupuncture work with fertility issues?
- How can you find an acupuncturist knowledgeable about reproductive issues or infertility?
- Is it safe to have acupuncture when you are pregnant?
- What nutrition or supplements are recommended for male factor infertility?
- Can acupuncture be effective for male infertility? And does it involve needles into sensitive areas of the body?
- What nutrition or supplements are recommended for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Can acupuncture be effective for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)?
- Can acupuncture be sued if you are taking Metformin?
- Is acupuncture effective for women who have suffered recurrent miscarriages?
- What type of therapy helps best with those suffering the grief and anxiety of infertility?
- Is hypnotherapy effective with infertility related issues?
- How can you find a therapist that specializes in infertility?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed