Benefits of Acupuncture and Eastern Medicine for Infertility Patients
Have you ever thought about using acupuncture or herbal medicine to improve your fertility or treat your infertility? We talk with Dr. Mike Berkley, a New York State licensed acupuncturist and board-certified acupuncturist and practitioner of herbal medicine by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. He is also a member of The American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine.
In this episode, we cover:
- What are the principles of acupuncture? How does it work?
- How does acupuncture differ from Herbal Medicine or Traditional Chinese Medicine?
- Do they have to be used together?
- Can acupuncture and/or Chinese Medicine be used in conjunction with Western infertility medicine and IVF?
- Is there western research that supports the benefits of acupuncture and Herbal Medicine for the treatment of infertility or is western style research not relevant to the discussion of acupuncture and Eastern Medicine?
- Can acupuncture increase the blood flow to the uterus and ovaries?
- Can acupuncture and Herbal Medicine be used to treat PCOS? What results are seen?
- How does acupuncture and Herbal Medicine impact endometriosis?
- One of the most common reasons for female infertility is advanced maternal age. How can acupuncture and Herbal Medicine impact the diminution of ovarian reserves and egg quality?
- Can acupuncture reduce stress?
- Is acupuncture more effective than other stress reduction techniques such as exercise, yoga, meditation or prayer, massage?
- Many women, men, and couples will not have a firm diagnosis of why they are not getting pregnant. Is acupuncture and Herbal Medicine effective for unexplained infertility?
- Male infertility is the cause of approximately 1/3 of infertility. How successful is acupuncture or Herbal Medicine in the treatment of male infertility?
Get more information at The Berkley Center at www.berkleycenter.com.
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: RODNAE Productions