Acupuncture and Alternative Treatment for Infertility
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility and adoption education and support nonprofit, interviews Dr. Mark Perloe, a Reproductive Endocrinologist with Georgia Reproductive Specialists, and Mark Schwartz, a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine specializing in the treatment of infertility and founder of Buckhead Acupuncture and Herbal Center.
Hit the Highlights
- What is acupuncture?
- How does acupuncture work to improve fertility?
- 2016 research reported that acupuncture doubled a women’s chances of getting pregnant with IVF. 127 women on their first or second IVF try. Among the treatment group, 46.2% conceived – more than twice as many as in the other group, where only 21.7% of the women became pregnant. Didn’t control for placebo affect.
- Limitations on applying Western research techniques to Eastern medicine.
- Does acupuncture change something in the body, or does it just help women to relax and thus improve fertility?
- Is there a standard protocol of acupuncture that is most effective for women doing IVF?
- What other forms of Chinese medicine can be used for infertility?
- What are the five branches of Chinese medicine?
- What herbs do you not recommend when doing IVF or trying to conceive?
- Is acupuncture or Chinese medicine effective in the treatment of PCOS?
- Is acupuncture or Chinese medicine effective in the treatment of endometriosis?
- Does acupuncture or Chinese medicine improve the endometrium lining and thus improve implantation rates for embryos in IVF or natural conception?
- How to find a Chinese medicine specialist that specializes in the treatment of infertility?
- What is the American Board of Oriental Reproductive medicine?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Image Credit: NVJ