Sunrise Family Services Society is a licensed BC adoption agency in Vancouver. In British Columbia, a licensed adoption agency meets strict criteria and qualifications. The agency must be:
- a non-profit society
- approved by the provincial government to facilitate adoptions
- designated and approved as a competent authority under the Hague Convention on International Adoptions.
Children in many countries throughout the world need homes and love. We are passionate about finding safe and loving homes for those children who would otherwise not have a family, and passionate about helping families realize their dreams of parenting. Our mission at Sunrise is to build families through adoption.
We do this by:
- Recognizing adoption as a lifelong process
- Making the best interest of the child as our primary focus
- Helping adoptive parents and birth parents make informed decisions
- Educating and preparing clients for adoption
- Providing expert help with the complexities of paperwork and other processes necessary to complete an adoption
- Providing support throughout the adoption process
- Supporting the on-going needs of adoptive families
Services Offered: Domestic adoption, Intercountry adoption, Birth parent services, Adoption education