Smack Worthy Comments in Infertility
Here’s a list of the top “smack worthy” comments the Creating a Family audience has heard lately.
- Maybe God meant for you to be a really great aunt.
- You’re too young to be worrying about not being able to conceive (said to a 28 year old with premature ovarian failure).
- Eat sweet potatoes (said to a woman whose husband has an extremely low sperm count).
- Stop stressing about it, that’s the worst thing you can do when you’re trying to get pregnant. (Nothing like being told to not stress for inducing stress.)
- Just remember Sarah in the Bible. (Said to a women who had a hysterectomy.)
- Trying must be fun. (You can read my thoughts on this comment on this blog.)
- When are you going to give us a grandbaby? We aren’t getting any younger. (And yes, they did know that she and her husband were struggling with infertility and in treatment.)
- Put a pillow under your butt after making love. It worked for me and I only tried for two months.
- Have your husband wear boxer shorts.
- And our all time favorite: Just adopt and you’ll get pregnant.
Have any to add????
Image credit: Gwendal
Sign up for our newsletter to have the latest and greatest adoption and infertility resources delivered to your inbox weekly.