Stop Managing Behavior and Start Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids
How can we raise joyful resilient kids? We talk with Dr. Mona Delahooke, a clinical child psychologist and the author of Brain-Body Parenting: How to Stop Managing Behavior and Start Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids.
In this episode, we cover:
- “Too often we are focused on the child’s behavior instead of the child. We are concerned about solving problems rather than cultivating the relationship.”
- A child’s behavior is a clue for us parents to understand what is going on inside the child.
- No one-size fits all approach to child rearing. What’s most important isn’t the rules, but the child. We must understand how our parenting is landing on our child. Personalize our parenting.
- Three pathways to the mind-body platform.
- Body budgeting.
- The distinction between behaviors that seems to be defensive but are actually protective.
- How do you approach tantrums in a preschooler?
- How to co-regulate with our child and why?
- How to build resiliency in our children?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Kampus Production