Raising Your Spirited Child – Parenting Tips
Host Dawn Davenport interviews Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, author of Raising Your Spirited Child, on parenting tips for raising a child who does not fit the mold or is a little higher maintenance.
- How do you know if your child is a spirited child?
- Why use the term “spirited”?
- What are the temperamental characteristics of a spirited child?
- Do early environmental factors affect a child’s temperament?
- What is the difference between temperament and personality?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with sensory processing disorder?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with ADHD?
- The importance of letting go of the idea of a “dream” child.
- How to spirited children behave as teenagers?
- How does a parent’s temperament impact how they parent?
- How do spirited children handle transitions?
- How much sleep does a child need?
- How can parents plan a schedule that their child can thrive in?
- What is the POWER approach?
- What is a visual plan?
- Should parents reward their children for improved behavior?
- How should parents deal with picky eaters?
- How can parents help their children deal with holidays and vacations?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed