Raising Your Spirited Child – Parenting Tips
Parenting children who are just a little bit more intense, sensitive or energetic can be difficult. How can you make your and your child’s life easier? Host Dawn Davenport interviews Mary Sheedy Kurcinka, author of Raising Your Spirited Child, on parenting tips for raising a child who does not fit the mold or is a little higher maintenance.
- How do you know if your child is a spirited child?
- Why use the term “spirited”?
- What are the temperamental characteristics of a spirited child?
- Do early environmental factors affect a child’s temperament?
- What is the difference between temperament and personality?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with sensory processing disorder?
- What is the difference between a spirited child and a child with ADHD?
- The importance of letting go of the idea of a “dream” child.
- How to spirited children behave as teenagers?
- How does a parent’s temperament impact how they parent?
- How do spirited children handle transitions?
- How much sleep does a child need?
- How can parents plan a schedule that their child can thrive in?
- What is the POWER approach?
- What is a visual plan?
- Should parents reward their children for improved behavior?
- How should parents deal with picky eaters?
- How can parents help their children deal with holidays and vacations?