Raising a Child with Attention Deficit Disorder
Raising a child with Attention Deficit Disorder is hard on kids and hard on parents. How can you best parent a child with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and avoid frustration for both parent and child? Host Dawn Davenport interviewed the ADHD guru, Dr. Edward Hallowell, author of numerous books on ADD, including SuperParenting for ADD and Driven to Distraction. We’ll talk about parenting techniques that work with children with ADHD.
- What is the best thing parents can do for their children?
- How can parents look for the strengths inherent in ADHD instead of the weaknesses?
- What are the downsides to ADHD medication?
- What are the differences between different ADHD medications?
- What is the Cycle of Excellence and why is it important?
- How young is too young to diagnosis a child with ADHD and are there any advantages to an early diagnosis?
- How young is too young to start medication?
- Is holding a child back a year in school helpful for children with ADHD?
- How can parents lay good foundations for dealing with ADHD children under the age of two?
- Are premature children more prone to ADHD?
- Should parents spank a child with ADHD?
- Misdiagnosis & overlapping diagnosis and ADHD in adopted children
- Is there a connection between Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) and ADHD?
- Is there an ADHD component to sleep disorders?
- What are executive functions and how can people with ADHD improve them?
- Is failure a good teaching tool for children with ADHD?
- What are some resources for adults with ADHD?
- What is the overlap between learning differences and ADHD?
- Homeschooling as an option for kids with ADHD
- Can altering the diet affect the behavior of a child with ADHD?
- Electronics (cell phones, video games, TV, etc.) and kids with ADHD
- How much does early life experiences affect a child’s ability to focus and can it improve in time without therapy?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed