Raising Adopted Kids
What are the key elements to successful adoptive parenting? Our guest is Sherrie Eldridge, author of the new book, Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed.
Hit the Highlights
- How can parents talk with their kids about their adoption?
- How to share really difficult birth parent history with children. Our guest, Sherrie Eldridge, found out during her reunion with her birth mother that she was conceived after a rape. She shared with us how this made her feel and how adoptive parents can handle this information.
- What should adoptive parents do if their children are not interested in talking about adoption?
- Mixed emotions about adoption are very common and they sometimes express themselves in unusual ways.
- The overwhelming need of most adopted persons
- Who is the “real” parent of adopted kids?