Raising Adopted Kids
What are the key elements to successful adoptive parenting? Our guest is Sherrie Eldridge, author of the new book, Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed.
- How can parents talk with their kids about their adoption?
- How to share really difficult birth parent history with children. Our guest, Sherrie Eldridge, found out during her reunion with her birth mother that she was conceived after a rape. She shared with us how this made her feel and how adoptive parents can handle this information.
- What should adoptive parents do if their children are not interested in talking about adoption?
- Mixed emotions about adoption are very common and they sometimes express themselves in unusual ways.
- The overwhelming need of most adopted persons
- Who is the “real” parent of adopted kids?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:ktbuffy
Sign up for our newsletter to have the latest and greatest adoption and infertility resources delivered to your inbox weekly.