How do we raise our kids to be resilient and self disciplined? Join our guest Dr. Robert Brooks, Psychology Professor at Harvard and author of Raising Resilient Children and Raising a Self-Disciplined Child.
- What do we mean by a “resilient” child?
- The importance of accepting children for who they really are, not who we want them to be.
- When do you accept a child’s behavior and when do you try to change it?
- Is temperament genetic?
- The idea of “goodness of fit”
- How to handle a untruthful child
- Is “helicopter parenting” detrimental to raising resilient children?
- How much communication between parents and children is healthy?
- Stay-at-home mothers vs. working parents
- The downside to labeling children
- Island of competence
- How can a parent handle an explosive child?
- Is spanking as a discipline technique detrimental to children?
- The importance of scheduling time to have fun with your children.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed