Raising a Resilient Child
How do we raise our kids to be resilient and self disciplined? Join our guest Dr. Robert Brooks, Psychology Professor at Harvard and author of Raising Resilient Children and Raising a Self-Disciplined Child.
- What do we mean by a “resilient” child?
- The importance of accepting children for who they really are, not who we want them to be.
- When do you accept a child’s behavior and when do you try to change it?
- Is temperament genetic?
- The idea of “goodness of fit”
- How to handle a untruthful child
- Is “helicopter parenting” detrimental to raising resilient children?
- How much communication between parents and children is healthy?
- Stay-at-home mothers vs. working parents
- The downside to labeling children
- Island of competence
- How can a parent handle an explosive child?
- Is spanking as a discipline technique detrimental to children?
- The importance of scheduling time to have fun with your children.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed