Who better to talk about raising children who have been exposed in utero to drugs and alcohol than a panel of mothers who are doing just that. What works and what doesn’t? What is life really like as a parent of a child with FASD?
- What is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)?
- How does FASD differ from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)?
- How does the impact of alcohol exposure in utero differ from the impact of drug exposure during pregnancy?
- What type of impairments are common with children exposed to alcohol during pregnancy?
- Does FASD affect the child’s intelligence?
- What type of behavior is typical with children affected by FASD?
- How can you distinguish between Primary Behaviors and Secondary Behaviors and why is this distinction important?
- What is neurobehavioral model for helping children with FASD?
- How does FASD affect a child’s social development?
- Why is it important to understand the root cause of the behavior?
- Is facial deformity always associated with FASD?
- When is alcohol use in pregnancy damaging to the fetus?
- What parenting techniques work best for children with FASD?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Show re-aired in 2016.