Parenting the Hurt Child/Attachment 101
Parenting children who were adopted from traumatic backgrounds can be challenging. In this course, Dr. Gregory Keck, author of Parenting the Hurt Child and renowned expert in attachment and bonding, discusses warning signs of attachment issues and RAD, how to cope with challenging behaviors, and what parents can do to help their adopted children attach and heal.
Hit the Highlights
- Signs that indicate possible attachment issues in adopted children.
- What is normal development vs. an attachment issue?
- When should parents be concerned about attachment?
- Techniques that can help re-create the attachment cycle.
- How to find a therapist that specializes in attachment issues?