I’ve always been fascinated with large families. We talked with three moms of large (8+) families that have been formed in part by adoption. How in the world do they do it?
+ Highlights from this show (click to expand)
- How do they decide whether a prospective new child would be a good fit with their family?
- How long does it take for the family to assimilate a new member.
- When adopting an older child, how long before you feel like the mother rather than the babysitter or aunt?
- How do they afford to feed and raise all those kids? Budgeting and menu tips.
- How has the decision to adopt affected the biological kids in the family?
- Do you recommend adopting out of birth order?
- Are their disadvantages to being a very large family?
- Are you able to find time for each child individually?
- How do you nurture your relationship with your spouse?
- Do the older children in the family have to take on a great deal of responsibility for the younger children?
- Have you experienced attachment issues in your adoptions?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed