Issues Facing Gay Dads
Families headed by gay fathers have unique issues. Join our panel of three experienced dads and one counselor to talk about these issues and how they have handled them.
- Is the gayby boom real or a figment of the media’s imagination?
- Is their prejudice against gays and lesbians with surrogacy agencies and attorneys?
- Can homosexuals adopt internationally?
- Can gay couples adopt a baby domestically?
- What are the challenges to gays adopting?
- How can gay fathers provide female role models and mothering figures for their children?
- Are children of LGBT parents teased in school?
- Should a gay parent come out to their child’s teacher at the beginning of the year?
- How do LGBT parents handle sleep overs? Do they find that other parents are hesitant to let their children sleep over?
- How can you prepare your kids for the social prejudice against gays?
- How have your older children handled coming out to their friends about their parent’s sexual orientation?
- What issues do gay fathers face when raising a girl?
- Do adolescent children of gay parents have a harder time with determining their sexual orientation?
- Do adolescent children of gay parents act out more sexually to prove their heterosexuality?