Families headed by gay fathers have unique issues. Join our panel of three experienced dads and one counselor to talk about these issues and how they have handled them.
+ Highlights of the show (click to expand)
- Is the gayby boom real or a figment of the media’s imagination?
- Is their prejudice against gays and lesbians with surrogacy agencies and attorneys?
- Can homosexuals adopt internationally?
- Can gay couples adopt a baby domestically?
- What are the challenges to gays adopting?
- How can gay fathers provide female role models and mothering figures for their children?
- Are children of LGBT parents teased in school?
- Should a gay parent come out to their child’s teacher at the beginning of the year?
- How do LGBT parents handle sleep overs? Do they find that other parents are hesitant to let their children sleep over?
- How can you prepare your kids for the social prejudice against gays?
- How have your older children handled coming out to their friends about their parent’s sexual orientation?
- What issues do gay fathers face when raising a girl?
- Do adolescent children of gay parents have a harder time with determining their sexual orientation?
- Do adolescent children of gay parents act out more sexually to prove their heterosexuality?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed