How Trauma Impacts a Child’s Development
Trauma can impact almost every single aspect of a child’s development. But there are things parents can do to buffer that impact. We talk with Brett Loftis, CEO of Crossnore Communities for Children and Dr. Dawn O’Malley, Crossnore’s Senior Director of Clinical Services about how trauma impacts a child’s development.
In this episode, we cover:
- How can trauma impact a child’s attachment and relationships?
- How does this impact them in childhood, adolescence, and adulthood?
- How can trauma affect a child’s physical development or brain development?
- How can trauma impact a child’s emotional development?
- How does trauma impact the way the child sees and values herself?
- How can trauma affect a child’s behavior?
- How can trauma impact a child’s ability to learn?
- What are some of the long-term physical health consequences of having been exposed to trauma as a child?
- What can parents and other adults do to build resilience in our kids to help withstand some of the impacts of trauma?
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Rodnae Productions