Hints for Singles Wanting to Adopt
The information about preparing an adoption profile applies to singles, but a prospective single adoptive mother or father has the added burden of showing that they are up to the job of being a single parent. Make sure your profile includes the following:
- Describe your support system. Don’t forget that friends can provide support as well as family.
- Focus on the stability of your job and your financial ability to raise this child.
- Who will take care of your child when you are at work? Describe your childcare arrangements.
- Explain how you hope to achieve the work/life balance being a single mom or dad. Does your job allow for flexibility? Is your employer family-friendly?
- Explain why you want to be a mother/father even though you are not married.
- Who will be male role models for your child?
- Do you have single parent role models?