For years parents have followed the Beyond Consequences method to help their children at home, but how can this approach be used in the school setting? Our guest is Heather Forbes, co-founder of the Beyond Consequences Institute, author of Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control: A Love-Based Approach for Helping Children With Severe Behaviors, and mom to two children adopted as toddlers from Russia.
- What is the “Beyond Consequences” approach to working with children with challenging behavior?
- How can you develop productive relationships with your child’s school and why is it important?
- What is the best way to approach the school when there is a problem?
- What should you do if your child’s teacher is not able or willing to work with you?
- How can you explain your child’s difficulties without using damaging labels?
- When should you use labels?
- Why do some children and adolescents have a low stress tolerance?
- How to handle when your child is bullied at school?
- How to hold our children accountable without blaming and guilt?
- What are your options when you are not able to work with your child’s school?
- When is home schooling the best option?
- Handling homework struggles.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed