Family Building Options for the LGBT Community
What options does the LGBT community have for building their families, either as singles or couples? Join our guests attorney Willard Halm, a member of the National Fertility Law Center specializes exclusively in assisted reproduction and family formation law and the father of three children via egg donation and surrogacy, and Barbara Casey, Director of A Baby Step Adoption, a licensed adoption agency, and an attorney specializing exclusively in all types of adoption law.
Hit the Highlights
- Adoption and other family building options for a single male
- What are the pros and cons of using a known or unknown sperm donor for lesbian couple?
- What are the parental rights of the non-biological parent in a gay or lesbian relationship?
- How does second parent adoption work?
- Who should carry the child in a lesbian couple?
- Do courts favor the biological parent in a LGBT couple?
- Should a gay couple mix their sperm when using donor egg and a surrogate?
- How do you choose a surrogate?
- LGBT couples and foster care
- What are the pros and cons of a gay couple co-parenting with a lesbian couple?
- Domestic adoption and gay and lesbian couples
- International adoption and gay and lesbian couples
- Adoption and other family building options for the transgender community