Domestic Adoption: Finding a Child & Adopting Across State Lines
How can adoptive parents help their adoption agency or adoption attorney find a child for them to adopt? What can you do to shorten your wait in adopting a baby? Can you advertise and should you? Independent adoption vs. using an adoption agency. What is the process for adopting a child born in another state? Join our guest, adoption attorney Suzanne B. Nichols, with over 25 years’ experience in private domestic adoptions and now reproductive law in the areas of surrogacy and donor eggs. She is licensed in both New York and New Jersey.
- What is the difference between using an adoption attorney and an adoption agency for adopting a baby in the United States?
- How should adoptive parents find a birth mother who may want to place her child for adoption?
- Who should prospective adoptive parents notify of their desire to adopt?
- Advertising for domestic adoption
- Notifying friends and family of your desire to adopt a baby
- Creating a website for your domestic adoption of an infant
- How to find a birth mother or birth father
- Is advertising for an adoption situation legal?
- Where should you place advertisements when looking for a prospective birthmother?
- Is it better to advertise online or in print when considering domestic adoption?
- Should you use a billboard when advertising for adopting a baby?
- Targeted internet advertising.
- Should you send unsolicited random letters to doctors, counselors, and clergy?
- How does the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) work for domestic newborn adoptions?
- How much time does it take to complete the legal work required by the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) to adopt an infant?
- Can you adopt a baby that was born in another state?
- Should the birthmother move to your state to give birth?
- Does adopting out of state cost more than adopting in a baby born in your state?
- Do you need to hire an adoption attorney in the state where the baby was born?
- What is an adoption facilitator?
- What other names do adoption facilitators use?
- Is it legal to use an adoption facilitator?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed