Domestic Adoption 101
Elizabeth Swire Falker, author of The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Adoption, talks about domestic adoption. What are the different types of domestic adoption, how much does it cost, what are the requirements and is it right for you?
- What are the types of domestic adoption?
- What are the differences between adopting using an agency, an attorney or a facilitator?
- How can perspective parents find birth mothers?
- What is the cost of a domestic adoption?
- What are the age requirements for domestic adoption?
- What can be done to speed up the adoption process?
- What are some typical risk factors that adoptive parents might be faced with?
- How is adopting in-state differ from adopting out-of-state?
- What does adoption friendly state refer to and which states are friendliest towards adoptive parents?
- How is birth father consent dealt with?
- What are the adoptive parents’ options if the birth mother revokes her consent of the adoption?
- How can perspective parents find an adoption attorney?
- What birth mother expenses are the perspective parents responsible for?
- What are the different options for communication with the birth family (open adoption, semi-open adoption, etc.)?