Should you have only one child? Is it fair to your child? Is it fair to you? Host Dawn Davenport talks with Lauren Sandler, author of One and Only: The Freedom of Having an Only Child and the Joy of Being One.
- What are the myths surrounding having only one child?
- Where did these myths come from?
- Is there any support in the research for only children being lonely, selfish, or burdened?
- How can parents of only children deal with “sibling envy”?
- Is it fair for an only child to have the sole burden of caring for their aging parents?
- Are there real differences as measured in research between only children and those raised with siblings?
- Are only children more likely to have only children? Less likely?
- Is it selfish on the part of parents who choose to have only one?
- Tips for raising only children.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Show re-aired in 2017.