Dispelling Myths About Only Children
Should you have only one child? Is it fair to your child? Is it fair to you? Host Dawn Davenport talks with Lauren Sandler, author of One and Only: The Freedom of Having an Only Child and the Joy of Being One.
- What are the myths surrounding having only one child?
- Where did these myths come from?
- Is there any support in the research for only children being lonely, selfish, or burdened?
- How can parents of only children deal with “sibling envy”?
- Is it fair for an only child to have the sole burden of caring for their aging parents?
- Are there real differences as measured in research between only children and those raised with siblings?
- Are only children more likely to have only children? Less likely?
- Is it selfish on the part of parents who choose to have only one?
- Tips for raising only children.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Show re-aired in 2017.