Birth Mother Panel Answers Questions from Adoptive Parents
A panel of birth mothers talking about adoption from their perspective and answering questions from adoptive parents. What is it like to place a child for adoption? What influenced their decision to choose one couple over another? What can adoptive parents do to make the hospital time post birth a little easier? What type of recognition on Mother’s Day feels best? And much more. Join our panel of four birth mothers to talk about adoption.
- What term do you prefer “birth mother” or “first mother”?
- How did friends and family react to your decision to place a child for adoption?
- Do you tell people you meet that you placed a child for adoption?
- What do birth mothers look for when choosing a family to adopt their child?
- What influenced your decision to pick an adoptive family?
- What do birth mothers appreciate from adoptive parents?
- What do first mothers wish adoptive families knew?
- Does open adoption make it easier or harder for birth mothers?
- Is open adoption the same as co-parenting?
- How did you decision to make an adoption plan for your child affect your parents and siblings?
- What is the ideal way for a birth mother/ first mother to celebrate Mother’s Day?
- How do birth mothers feel about an adoptive mother’s plan to breastfeed the soon to be adopted child?
- What is the most meaningful gift your child’s adoptive parents have given to you?
- Any suggestions for an adoptive mom who feels overwhelmed by her son’s birth parents and birth grandparents and extended family.
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed
Sign up for our newsletter to have the latest and greatest adoption and infertility resources delivered to your inbox weekly.