If you suspect your child has a behavioral disorder such as reactive attachment disorder or oppositional defiant disorder, or if your child acts out and nothing you do seems to help them, a love-based approach to helping children with severe behaviors might be the best approach. Our guest will be Heather Forbes, therapist, adoptive mom, and author of Beyond Consequences, Logic, and Control.
- What is meant by relying on love, not discipline, and what place does discipline have in raising disturbed children?
- What are fear-based parenting techniques?
- What is a love-based approach to helping children with severe behavioral problems?
- How can parents take a break from raising difficult children?
- How should parents take responsibility for their children’s pre-adoption trauma?
- Chronological age vs. emotional age
- What is specific language that parents can use to talk to their children during tantrums?
- How can parents simplify their children’s world?
- How should parents handle their children lying?
- How should parents handle manipulative or controlling behavior?
- How should parents deal with children who are physically violent?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed