Deborah Gray, author of Attaching in Adoption and Nurturing Adoptions, will talk about the special challenges of adopting a preschool aged child and what parents can do to help their child attach and bond.
- How much does age affect a child’s ability to attach?
- How does age change what children do to create attachment?
- Does the intellectual awareness of an older child make the transition to an adoptive family more difficult?
- Do children form attachments with caretakers at an orphanage?
- How long does it take for adopted children to start to attach to their parents?
- How old is too old to reintroduce a child to a bottle?
- How should parents discipline newly adopted children?
- Can depression issues mimic attachment issues?
- Secondary adoption after an disrupted adoption
- How can parents prevent dissociation?
- Where do you draw the line between attachment and control issues?
- Do parents experience attachment issues?
- How important is it to promote attachment through co-sleeping?
- What is the relationship between attachment issues and ADHD?
- How can parents best deal with children who over react to simple injuries?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed