Adoption Statistics in the LGBT Community
Our guests included an adoption attorney that does independent domestic adoptions for same sex couples, a adoption agency representative, and a researcher on same sex families and adoption. We talk about the state of adoption in the LGBT community.
- How many gay and lesbian headed households are raising children?
- How many same sex couples have adopted how many same sex couples are interested in adopting?
- What is the latest research on how the children and families are faring? Are children raised in homosexual households more likely to “become gay”?
- Are children raised by same sex parents more likely to be teased?
- Can lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders adopt internationally?
- Can the LGBT community adopt domestically?
- Are gays and lesbians less likely to be chosen by birth mothers?
- Are gay couples more or less likely to be chosen by a birth mother compared to lesbian couples?
- Can private adoption agencies discriminate against homosexuals?
- How do you find an adoption agency or adoption attorney that will not discriminate against the LGBT community or has an open attitude?
- What should you do if you have adopted as a single but want to give the other parent full parental rights?
- What do we mean by open adoption and who should consider it.