Trauma-Informed Parenting: Practical Applications of TBRI®
Kari Dady joins us to talk about applying the guiding principles of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® to typical parenting situations. Kari Dady is a Regional Training & Consultation Specialist with the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development. She is also an adoptive mom who uses trauma-informed parenting and the TBRI® approach daily in her family.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is parental attachment style, and how does it influence how we parent?
- How does trauma affect the developing child?
- What are some of the different types of trauma that impact a child?
- What are the core principles of Trust-Based Relational Intervention®(TBRI®)?
- TBRI® talks about parents needing to make a mindset shift when looking at challenging behavior. What is this mindset shift?
- How can parents apply Trust-Based Relational Intervention®(TBRI®) to the following common behaviors:
- Inability to accept rules, restrictions, or the word “no”
- Sleep issues
Don’t miss an episode. Be sure to subscribe.
Leave us a rating or review.
Music Credit: Michael Ashworth
Image Credit: Vlada Karpovich