Egg donation is a process where a woman donates her eggs to someone else to use to create an embryo. The eggs can be fertilized by sperm from the father that will raise the child or donor sperm. The resulting embryo can be transferred to the intended mother or a surrogate. The egg donor can be a friend or relative of the intended parents or a compensated donor.
- Number and variety of donors
- Success rate
- Geographic location of donor
- Typical number of eggs
- Possibility of genetic siblings
- Future contact with donor
Creating a Family has many resources on egg donation. Some we think you will find particularly helpful are:
- Are you Ready to Move to Donor Eggs? (1 hr. radio interview with experts)
- Top Ten Tips for Selecting a Donor
- How to Choose An Egg Donor (6 minute video)
- Blogs by people using donor eggs and by donor conceived people
Many more Creating a Family radio interviews with experts, videos, blogs, fact sheets, and Q and A’s with Experts on using donor eggs can be found at the icons below.
Sources: Creating a Family radio shows listed below, www.sart.org Image credit: Flavio~