Foster Care Adoption
Nancy Taft, a social worker with over 30 years experience with foster care adoption, is joined by Shannon and Valerie, two mothers who have adopted from the foster care system, to talk about foster care adoption. What type of children are available, what are the requirements, what are the risks and what the subsidies?
- How to adopt from the foster care system?
- What is the difference between state or county child welfare agencies and private agencies?
- A child Is Waiting: A Beginner’s Guide to Adoption
- Is there a cost difference between private vs. state agency?
- How much does it cost to adopt from the foster care system?
- What sorts of subsidies are available for foster care adoptions and how do you apply for them?
- Adoption Subsidies Resource Center from the North American Counsel On Adoptable Children
- Are there tax benefits for foster care adoptions?
- Federal Tax Benefits For Foster, Adoptive Parents and Kinship Caregivers from the National Foster Parent Association
- Do most kids available from foster care have special needs? Why types of special needs are typical?
- Is it possible to adopt a baby from foster care?
- Is it possible for a single man or woman to adopt from foster care?
- How long does the typical foster care adoption take?
- Do most adoptive families keep in contact with birth families?
- Do state agencies frown on placing black kids with white parents?
- Do state agencies try to keep sibling groups together?
Subscribe to Creating a Family Radio:
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Subscribe to our radio RSS feed
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed